Thursday, July 9, 2009

let me introduce myself



Hello, my name is Krishna. Actually my name is:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

but that's a mouthful so you can call me Krishna. Mom just calls me Handsome, which is appropriate, I feel. I put a picture up there so you can see it's true. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down to earth. I love to be brushed and petted and held. I give hugs, which Mom says is very strange for a cat but quite wonderful. I'd be very happy if Mom would hold me and carry me around forever.

I'd be very happy right now, for instance, if Mom would stop playing with those shiny things and play with me instead. She says I'm not allowed in because of something called allergies that some people have to me. I say pish posh! I wash thoroughly at least once every fifteen minutes and she only washes twice a day. Isn't that gross? Maybe cats have these allergy things against people!

Anyway, I'm still quite pleased with my life. I get square meals, a lap to purr on, a bed to sleep in, and these fantastic handmade organic catnip balls to play with.

See, my life before wasn't so good. Someone threw me out, which really hurt because I love to be loved and give love so very much. I like it even more than those Turkey Jerky treats, and that is saying a lot. On the streets I tried very hard to give my love away, but no one seemed to want it.

I was so sad, until one day I smelled a smell. It was a smell that made me feel like I could have a home again. I followed my nose up, up, up the stairs and saw an open door. Luckily, the smell was coming from that apartment so I followed it until I saw Mom for the very first time. She was sitting on a recliner, talking to a friend, and I was so overjoyed that I found my forever home! I already knew you see, we felines have a sense for these things. I jumped up on her lap, gave her one of my special hugs, and purred my heart out!

Mom says she loved me the moment she saw me, even though it was a very strange way to find a kitty. I think she's taking all the credit- I found her, mind. After calling all the vets, shelters, and rescues she could think of and found no one was looking for me, she let herself fall for my debonair charm. We've been living happily ever after since!

In the process of those calls, she happened upon the Siamese Cat Rescue Center. They are really great people, and Mom hopes to foster for them one day. I hope she does because of my cousin Fred- but that's a story for another day.

They have saved so many of my cousins, and hopefully they would have saved me if I had been sent to that awful concrete place I heard about on TV where cats go in but don't come out. Unfortunately, they need money to save my cousins.

All the good will and love in the world won't buy food, litter, and veterinary care. I hate the vet, let me tell you, but the vet helped my cousin Fred walk after an accident and the SCRC paid for the whole thing! He has a forever home now too!

I would get a job and help the Rescue but I don't have one of those Social Security numbers, only a tag with my name and Mom's phone number, and all the jobs I applied for said that won't work. Instead, I tolerate the shiny things and let Mom work on them so she can get some money to send. I would help but I don't have opposable thumbs.

So to the point- I'm taking the time away from my lovely catnip toys to ask you to please donate to the Siamese Cat Rescue Center, or maybe even look into adopting one of us. We get a bum rap as being mean, I blame it on that Lady and the Tramp movie, but that is another story for another day.

Also, if you buy one of the shiny things Mom makes she will donate 20% to the Rescue Center. Most of the rest will go to feed me, my brother, and my sister.

Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen. I hope to blog again in the future, it has helped a lot with the separation anxiety I feel when Mom is busy.

Purrs, Krishna

5 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Krishna! You are a very well written kitty and it's nice you are thinking about your cousins who need a home too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rescue story. You are one smart kitty, Krishna to have found your mommy. I have a kitty too that found me when she was really sick. Now, she's happy living with 6 other kitties that needed help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cat! I adopted a dog with an amazing story. You can read about her and the cause I got involved in as a result here;
    http://artlifenewsblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/distemper-season-is-upon-us-yes-wolf-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Momma does shiny things too, sometimes, but not much these days. Mostly she makes things that smell a LOT. she says the smells are okay but my nose is SO MUCH better than hers.

    She complains that I don't have thumbs -- but what do I need them for? I have her!

    Purrs,
    Loiosh

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Krishna is a fab name as well!
    I'm in the market for a kitten at the moment, Siamese are talkers but they all have wonderful personalities so I shall check out the rescue center link!

    robin

    ReplyDelete